Are you looking for fundraising ideas? An updated 2015 Summit for Someone Fundraising Guide has been released.. you can check it out here!
We also have a new resource available for our climbers: a library full of inspirational stories, videos, and quotes from BCM youth. Available on the fundraising page of the SFS site.
Students in Action
1st Place: Dave Couch
Denver College Track boys in the Colorado Rockies
2nd Place: Kelsey McMillan
Denver College Track girls in the Colorado Rockies
- The key to successful fundraising is to START EARLY!
You raise money only when you ask.
- Ask BIG – Don’t ask for just a $10 donation, ask for $50. You may get $50, or you may get less, but if you ask for only $10, that is probably all you will get!
- Keep a good attitude. Be prepared that not everyone is going to donate. The more people you ask, the more donations you will get. If you don’t hear “no” a couple times a week, you are not asking enough people.
- Don’t feel bad about asking people for money. Remember that you are not asking for money for yourself. It is going to a great cause. The more people you ask, the easier it becomes.
- Set a goal to ask at least one new person for a donation every day. You have nothing to lose by asking.
- Talk about it! Tell everyone you know/meet about what you are doing and what the money goes toward. The more you talk about it, the more interest you will generate.
- Make it easy for people to donate. Explain how to make a secure online donation through the Summit for Someone web site, http://www.summitforsomeone.org. Remember to mention that they will receive a tax receipt directly from BCM.
- It is important for you to decide what methods will best fit each of your donors so that you can maximize the amount of money you raise for the cause.
- Remember you are not in this alone. Enlist the help of your spouse, family and friends.
- Most importantly, have fun with it! If you think of fundraising as a chore, it will become one.
Are you thinking about joining us for a climb in 2015 but have questions? Looking for good fundraising ideas? Our next call is tomorrow (Wednesday 10/15). Sign up using the link below if you’d like to attend!