The official rules:
The Early Application allows climbers interested in 2010 to sign up and begin raising funds with no risk. Climbers will be able to sign up on July 15th 2009 for a generic ‘SFS 2010” climb and begin solicited donations via a personalized and secure fundraising platform. Climbers choosing this option receive an extra 3 months to raise money. At the end of this time climbers will need to commit to raising funds in full, becoming a layaway climber or dropping form the SFS program.
On October 14th, 2009, pre-season climbers will have three choices for continuation:
1) Move from Pre-season to “Layaway.” Meaning they continue to raise money without being assigned to a climb until they reach $1250. Layaway climbers are not eligible to climb Alaska or Rainer. They can climb in 2010 or 2011.
2) Move from pre-season to full climber. Place a $950 deposit on file and pick climb of their choice. No restrictions. Participated in a 2010 climb.
3) Drop from program – Donations raised to date will NOT be refunded under any circumstances.
1. Climbers will apply at www.summitforsomeone.org. When prompted to pick a climb the only choice at this time should be “SFS 2010”
2. You will be sent a waiver and liability form. Please sign and return these in order to be confirmed as a Summit for Someone climber.
3. Once you are successfully registered you will be given a webpage and can begin soliciting donations.
4. A $50 non-refundable deposit must be on file before you are set up with a personal fundraising page.
Rules & Restrictions
The pre-season button has no risk attached to it. However, a climber will be expected to move in to one of the three buckets listed above in October of 2009.